OSCAR will be unavailable to all users starting at 5:00 pm (EDT) on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 until Friday, May 30, 2014 to implement software upgrades needed to accommodate allowing rising 2Ls access to the system.
Rising 2L Access to OSCAR
At its 2013 meeting, the OSCAR Working Group, which consists of federal judges and law school representatives, decided to open OSCAR to rising second-year law students. OSCAR will permit these students to register for an account on June 1, 2014 but will not allow them full system access to create and finalize applications until August 1, 2014. Beginning on June 1, 2014, the rising second-year law school applicants with a graduation date of 2016 will be able to:
- Register for an OSCAR account,
- Research clerkship and staff attorney positions,
- Create folders and save positions to folders,
- Upload application documents (resumes, cover letters, and writing samples),
- Create application documents online (online editor cover letters and grade sheets),
- Identify recommenders, and
- Review OSCAR help resources.
Please note: There will be no OSCAR help desk support over the weekend of June 1, 2014.
While applicants will be able to view clerkship and staff attorney positions postings, they will not be able to submit applications until August 1, 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact the OSCAR help desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (toll-free) at 866-666-2120